Friday, April 29, 2011

Felt very natural

My best friend, Holly, her boyfriend, and his friend came to Dallas on Saturday to spend the weekend with me. They live in Oklahoma. I didn’t see Chris on Saturday, and just spent the day with them. When they arrived, I took them to lunch at Chuy’s so they could try the awesomeness. After that, it was off to find a flea market. It took forever to find it and it wasn’t even that great, sadly. Then we drove around Dallas for awhile and got lost. We finally got back to my apartment a little after 7 p.m. and spent the evening playing board games and watching TV. On Sunday I took them to lunch at Fuddrucker’s and to the Dallas World Aquarium. It started snowing while we were at lunch and on until after we went in the aquarium. Then we went to The Sixth Floor Museum which is about the JFK assassination. I have to admit that I haven’t spent a lot of time doing touristy things in Dallas so this was great for me.

They left my apartment around 4:30 p.m. on Sunday. I had made arrangements to meet Tyler for dinner at 6:30 p.m. at IHOP. Chris called to ask if I wanted to meet up that night. I said maybe after I have dinner with a friend. I hadn’t seen Tyler since New Year’s Day, which was the weekend before. It felt nice to see him, though the conversation wasn’t as easy as it was with Chris. Tyler and I kissed in his car before and after dinner. I enjoyed it, but kept thinking about Chris during it and felt guilty. We parted ways around 8:45 and I headed back home. On the way home I called Chris to see if he still wanted to come over. I felt very bad for seeing both of them in one evening. Chris and I made out again on my couch and I thought a little about Tyler and felt guilty. After a little making out, we curled up on my couch, watched Bones, and talked about our weekends. I didn’t mention Tyler, of course. It felt nice resting my head on his chest. I ended up inviting him to stay the night, with my personal excuses of wanting to stay warm and not wanting him to drive home on the icy roads. Of course, he obliged.

Ok, Chris and I both know we had sex for the first time that night. The problem is that neither of us remembers many details about it. I do remember being in awe of his size. I had never been with a guy that big before. We both enjoyed the sex; I do know that.

During the night, I kept forgetting he was sleeping by me. No guy had slept in my bed with me since my ex in October.

The next day, while we were at work, he sent this text: “Must not think about last night’s sex.” Apparently he was having some issues while at work.  I also wrote to him, “I can’t wait to sleep by you again.” He answered, “Yes. A warm body would hit the spot right about now. Oh internet why are you so amazing? A couple weeks on OkCupid as opposed to four months of going out has produced far better results.” I had to agree.

I was flying to L.A. on Tuesday for a one week vacation visiting Clare. I worked both Monday and Tuesday, though my mind was full of wondering if I had packed everything I needed. It was 22 degrees in Dallas on Tuesday, and in the 60s in L.A.

On Tuesday I asked Chris if he would meet me for lunch, even though I had so much going through my head since I would be heading to the airport in a few hours. We met at a random restaurant that neither of us had been to before. I didn’t think much of the food, but it was nice to see him one more time before leaving. We hugged and kissed bye in the parking lot. He later texted me: “It was awesome of you to meet me for lunch. Really made my day.”

We didn’t stop texting that day. My flight was delayed and I ended sitting in the airport Chili’s for awhile reading a magazine. Of course, I ended up asking him a question from the magazine: What do you want out of a partner?

 
He wrote, “I need a partner that likes or loves me for the individual I am. That understands I won’t change things for them but will rather integrate them into my life. Someone who lives their life but wants to be part of mine and is the type of person who supports my goals. I want that person to be smart and open minded. Capable of having deep conversation and also completely childish and ridiculous. I will always spend my time doing what I want to do and if that person is making me want to spend more time with them then it is probably working out correctly for the moment. I can’t imagine myself ever putting up with shit from a girl again. In my opinion if a woman has time to care enough about what I am doing to get upset over it they probably don’t have enough happening in their own life.”

I wrote back, “I like it. I agree with all of it for what I want as well. I can’t believe I’ve put up with so much crap before. But I learned and that in itself is valuable.”

Chris added, “For instance, things with you are going well. I can imagine myself doing many things I enjoy and having a good time with you being a part of it...I can’t wait to see how things continue with you, Anne. Really, you do have great qualities and I would be lying if I said I haven’t already fallen for you. I will still be trying new things and meeting new people but I legitimately like you and just thinking about you makes my blood start racing with excitement.”

I responded, “It’s great spending time with a guy that I have so much in common with. I’ve really enjoyed this past week.”

I loved how Chris and I wanted to see each other all the time, how we could barely keep ourselves apart from the beginning. It was so different from how things had been with Jay or Tyler. It felt very natural. 


1 comment:

-Mallori said...

this is getting good!!